SDES is a non-profit that relies on charitable donations to provide camp for all children with diabetes. Every family automatically receives a 30-50% subsidy as part of their reduced Camp Program Fee. For example, the actual cost of Camp Seale Harris Junior Week is $1200 per camper, but the Program Fee for each child is reduced to $800. This reduced fee is made possible by donations and sponsorships from caring donors and community organizations so that no child is ever turned away.
We want all children with diabetes to be able to come to camp. Some families are not able to pay some, or all, of their remaining camp program fees. For additional scholarship information or financial assistance to insure your child can come to camp, request more information, or call our office at 205-402‐0415.
- Join the 2017 Diabetes WALK for Camp Seale Harris to raise money and earn prizes at the same time! You can walk at one of our WALK events, virtually, or in your own community!
- Employer Scholarship — Many employers cover diabetes camp fees for employee children.
- Financial Need Scholarship Application—SDES offers income-based scholarships for all programs.Registration for a camp is required in order to have your scholarship application considered. Register online to reserve your child’s place at camp. Full and partial awards are based on income, number of people in the household, and extenuating circumstances detailed in your application. Only one scholarship for overnight camp plus one day camp per child/family per calendar year (January-December) is available. However, any family can raise funds through the 2017 Diabetes WALK to be applied to additional camps. All funds raised apply to your camp fees each calendar year.
- Sponsor Request Packet — Many local sponsors from your community, such as individuals, churches, civic organizations, and businesses, will help at your request. These sponsorship opportunities do not require a financial aid application and often involve only a phone call or request letter.
- Payment Plan—Weekly or monthly