Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved the Dothan, Auburn/Opelika, and Birmingham Diabetes WALKs to a virtual event that will take place on the Camp Seale Harris Facebook page and Instagram Page on Saturday, April 18 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You can create a WALK Fundraising Team here if you have not already!
We walk to bring awareness to type 1 diabetes, see camp friends and get ready for camp! Though we can not see our camp friends in person, we look forward to seeing everyone virtually.
How can you participate in a virtual walk?
You and your WALK team can still participate in the WALK. We encourage everyone to gear up in your best Camp Seale Harris swag and get out and be active on Saturday, April 18 to show your support for children and teens living with diabetes and Camp Seale Harris. Here is what you can do:
- Take a photo or video of you and your family being active and post it on the Camp Seale Harris Facebook page (click here for a printable photo prop)
- Interact with all posts made on Facebook during the WALK event
- Recruit your family and friends to donate during the event
- Encourage grandma, grandpa, friends and supporters to send or post a support shout out photo and message to your child during the event
- Use #LivingWellLive and #T1DVirtualReality on your post
Prizes will be awarded for doing the things listed above. There will be amusement park tickets, gift cards, and a free trip to be given away in addition to the fundraising prizes that your team can earn! Don’t miss this awesome event. Contact Nicole at 205-218-6359 or at email@example.com for any questions.
Virtual Diabetes WALK for Camp Seale Harris
Saturday, April 18
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.